Saturday, July 07, 2007

Updates

I haven't blogged in awhile and I just wanted to catch everyone up on what has been going on.

Calgary Trip: I went to Calgary in June to attend James Chan's funeral service. Although it was a sad occasion, I felt very blessed to be there. I learned a bit about this wonderful young man who loves God immensely and who tried to make people around him laugh as often as he could. I can't wait to meet him in heaven! Also, while I was in Calgary, I was able to hang out with friends like PAL, Isaac, Luke, Mandy and Ivan. And I even got to make new friends like Marj. Overall, it was a good trip and made me realize that God is doing great things all over the world.

Health: I took more blood tests last week, but the results are the same. I think it's time to see a specialist, like a hematologist or cardiologist. I'll ask my doctor next week.

Vancouver Trip: I just got back yesterday from a few days up in Vancouver. I met with an academic counselor at Regent College and registered for my Fall classes. Additionally, I was able to open a Canadian bank account, view my basement suite, meet my future landlord, check out Costco, and scope out my new neighborhood. Overall, it was a very productive trip. And I got to hang out with my cousins and their significant others, which was really fun.

Official Move: I finally booked my airfare to move up to Vancouver on August 26th. And I already have my first visitors, Danette and Richard, booked to come up in mid-September. Yippee! Unfortunately, though, my basement suite is pretty small, so don't think I'll be able to accommodate them. =(

That's it for now, but feel free to ask me additional questions through "comments" or email. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie, thanks for listening yesterday. gee, i was going on and on and didn't even give you a chance to share about your time in calgary. i'll call you tomorrow and this time YOU can talk : )

Albert said...

Cool! Glad you had a nice trip and came back safely for most of the summer. =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting. Olivia wants to know why you are going so far and wasn't there a school in LA that you could have attended? (These are her words by the way-smile)

CDD

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking about you and wanting to get some plans to meet up before you move. I see that you've booked your tickets, but there's still a little time. Love the stories about your mom and dad! Take care, talk to you soon. Michelle