Monday, October 15, 2007

Home

This past weekend, I went back to Los Angeles. As the plane descended into LAX, I started getting teary-eyed and sniffly. I think I worried the Australian guy sitting next to me. Then the conversation went something like this:
  • Aussie: Are you okay?
  • Me (in between sniffles): I just love LA.
  • Aussie: But it's so smoggy and polluted.
  • Me: Yah, but it's home. (sniffle, sniffle)
It was a wonderful trip back home. I didn't tell most people that I was heading back home because I knew that my time was limited and I had to reserve most of it for family, errands and studying. However, I did get to spend some quality time with Ricky, Tammy, Jimmy, Grace, Danette, Grandma Martha, Karen, and Debbie. It was great! And I enjoyed many people telling me that I looked thinner... feeds the female ego.

I was also able to attend Delta Fellowship on Friday night (photo safari in Alhambra) and CEFC on Sunday morning. As much as I like the church I'm currently attending in Vancouver, CEFC will always be my home church, especially because I was attending before I was even born. It was so nice walking into church, understanding the architectural layout and knowing most of the people there.


For those who I did not get to see and/or who did not even know I was in town, I'm very sorry. I hope to see more people when I return to LA in December.

I arrived back in Vancouver very late last night (nearly midnight). And I woke up this morning at 7:00AM with a fever and nausea. I'm feeling a little better now, but I'm worried about being sick. Please pray for me.
For a good laugh, check out the video below of two Deltans dancing in Alhambra. (Should I post it on YouTube?)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No posting, please. Can't a girl dance on the streets for a few seconds without it becoming something for public consumption?

Anonymous said...

oh, hope you feel better soon...

Jules said...

Wing, you look hot in that video!

Eu, I like your stories about you interacting with strangers you run into :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, he just left Wing dancing there! :D I love Wing... she does things with such youthful abandon... sometimes. ;)