Saturday, August 08, 2009

Going Back to LA

Every time something interesting happens, I think about posting it on my blog. Unfortunately, I rarely get around to it. I've also been meaning to update everyone on how I'm doing with school and whatnot, but I just have an unfinished draft. I guess I should post one thing now: I'm moving back to LA on August 11.


FAQ

Q: Are you finished with school?
A: No, I'm not finished with school. I still have 6 papers to finish for my classes, due at the end of August and beginning of September. Also, I have my field education (like an internship) and comprehensive paper (like a mini-thesis). I will complete my degree in April 2010.

Q: Where are you doing your field education?
A: I will be working under Jesse's mentorship with Kingdom Causes in partnership with CEFC. My first project will be co-teaching an adult Sunday school class in the fall on missional living. Subsequent projects will be dependent on passions, resources, Jesse, availability, and of course, God's leading.

Q: Are you excited?
A: Yes. And also very scared and nervous. If I could explain these feelings to you, I would. But I'm still trying to understand them myself.

Q: Are you going to continue your blog?
A: I will continue my blog until I finish my degree. At that time, I will think about starting another blog or just stop blogging altogether.

Q: How have you been changed by your time in Vancouver?
A: Haha... good question. For those who knew me before coming to Vancouver, you tell me. I'm still figuring it out. Danette says that I'm more "liberal" now. Yikes! I hope that it's more that I'm now more biblical in my thinking rather than just principled (or Republican). I know, however, that I'm definitely more confused... but not in a bad way. I'm confused in that I realize more and more that God is mysterious and his ways are mysterious, but I love trying to figure it out even if I often get it wrong or don't even have full certainty.

Q: What now?
A: I don't know. But if you chat with God, please remember me in your divine conversations. And be sure to let me know if you feel/hear him communicating to you about me.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

See you tomorrow! Naomi misses you! :D Oh, and I do too! haha!