Monday, August 20, 2007

Is There FREE Wireless Here?

I am currently sitting in the Honolulu airport after a week-long cruise with my extended family. On the ship, internet access was $0.75 per minute.... and it was really, really slow. And like any good Chinese girl (especially one in the Chung family), I refused to pay that much.

Therefore, at every port, my brother and I lugged our laptops off the ship in search for free wireless internet. We found that it's best sitting in the middle of a shopping center/mall, where you often have several to choose from. Everytime I walked into a shopping mall, I was sure to ask someone, "Is there FREE wireless here?" Please note: Emphasis is on "FREE." It almost became a game for me to find the best free wireless connection at each port.

FYI, if you ever go island hopping in Hawaii via a cruise, here is where you can get free wireless internet access:
  • Maui: Queen Ka'ahumanu Shopping Center (free trolley shuttle every 20 minutes from the port, but the driver is a bit annoying with the bad jokes.)
  • Kona: Bad Ass Coffee Co. near Hooters (about 0.25 miles from the port so you can walk it.)
  • Kauai: Harbor Mall (free trolley shuttle every 10-15 minutes from the port. Also within walking distance from the port.)
  • Hilo: Sorry... can't help you with this one because we had to skip this port due to Hurricane Flossie.
Anyway, I think it's safe to say that I'm a little addicted to the internet.

(I will blog about the cruise when I find the time and motivation to write more.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. That's why your mom was not in the mandarin class last sat!!!

auntie Linda