While I was cleaning my house this past year, I considered cardboard boxes to be my enemy. Despite being labeled by Sharpie markers, items stored in cardboard boxes tend to go unseen and forgotten. Therefore, in the mass cleaning project, I threw away many cardboard boxes.I guess I have very little foresight. As it turns out, I NEED cardboard boxes now. I don't need a whole lot of them, but I do need some large heavy-duty ones to move some items up to Vancouver. I went to Staples to buy some, but the Chinese side of me refuses to pay so much for "mere" cardboard boxes... it's ridiculous how much they're trying to charge for boxes. Therefore, if anyone has any large cardboard boxes in good condition, I could really use them.
Also, I was hoping to move up my computer printer. I must have thrown out the original box and styrofoam inserts, so I'm not sure how I can properly pack it up to be checked in on the plane. Does anyone have any good ideas?
Added on August 21, 2007:
I currently have far more cardboard boxes than I actually need. Thank you for all the kindness from everyone!
6 comments:
How about packing the printer with bath towels in the cardboard box :) By the way, a friend once told me that if you go to Target right when it opens, ask if you can have the large empty boxes that they need anymore. Supposedly they crush the empty boxes in the morning.
I mean the empty boxes they don't need anymore, I'm assuming their empty because they already stock the shelves with it's contents.
You can do the same thing at Costco.
i got a bunch of boxes off of craigslist
Hey you could just buy a new printer! ;) I saw one on t.v. for $80 and it was wireless. Oh, and Jesse and I got a lot of boxes from the dumpster behind Vroman's in Pasadena. It sounds ghetto but the boxes are very clean... seeing as most of them only held books.
Hi,
I am Judy, a friend of Betty's. Do you still need the boxes? I worked in a pharmacy and we have got tons of clean boxes. Let me know. I can bring it over to church on Sunday for ya. Judixx@gmail.com
Post a Comment