Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Corn Can Kill

It is no secret that I abhor corn. People often ask me why and I tell them that I dislike the smell, the taste, and the texture. People are usually puzzled by this because corn is apparently loved by the majority of people. However, I am here to tell you that CORN CAN KILL!

I personally "witnessed" this while watching Witness (a 1985 film starring Harrison Ford) for class last week. At the end of the film, the bad guy is "drowned" and suffocated in a corn silo when tons of corn kernels bury him alive.


Therefore, I have conclusively proven that corn can kill. (Wink, wink.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I was wondering the same thing yesterday while driving. "Why in the world does Eunice hate corn?"

I mean, I dislike cauliflower because it's a wannabe-broccoli and when cooked up, is very mushy. But most people understand that one.

Dorcas Ng said...

i <3 corn
:P
i'll give you corn for your birthday ;)

Anonymous said...

Eunice you're so funny! :D Haha, I remember that scene! It can also kill if you're allergic to it! ;) Or if you choke on a kernal of popcorn. Which by the way, do you eat popcorn? Or is that also on your bad list?

Tammy

Victor said...

Corn is delicious. I don't know what you're talking about!

(A la Forrest Gump), you can eat corn on the cob, you can pop it, you can fry it, you can sautee it, you can bake it, you can put butter on it, you can freeze it, you can get oil from it, you can make tortillas, you can make Cornuts, you can make game hens out of it (hmm, maybe that's cornISH game hens), well, you get the idea.