Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sloshing Around

Since I came back to Vancouver earlier this month, the weather had been uncharacteristically "un-Vancouverian". It was definitely cold, but the sun was shining as well. On Monday, however, we received a bunch of snow. Since then, it has been warmer (high of low 40'sF), overcast and rainy (very "Vancouverian"). With all these weather conditions put together, there has been a lot of melted snow around. I am grateful for my waterproof Bass boots and my water-resistant REI coat, but an LA girl just doesn't like sloshing through dirty slush. I return home everyday with the bottom of my pants soaking wet and muddy. (This makes a second day of wearing the same pair of jeans impossible.)

But instead of concentrating on the slush while walking to school this morning, I looked up and saw all the people walking through the same slush as I was.
These people around me were happily going about their day while I was muttering under my breath as I stepped into yet another muddy puddle.Then, I remembered that even though I don't enjoy the weather here, I ought to be grateful about where I am. God wants me here. I am thankful that He's including me in His plans, even if I'm not sure what they are. Some days, I feel like I'm just "sloshing through life", but it's awesome to know that the "messiness" is intended to teach me more about God and about faith.

So, no more complaining about Vancouver weather! Okay... I guess that's not totally possible for me. I'll try to complain less. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Eunice...with all that unpredictable weather up there, at least there is no smog!! You are breathing in clean air for a change. For that, shouldn't you be grateful? :)

Anonymous said...

hey eu. guess i forgot to check your blog these past few days and WHAMMO! oh so many :D

ooo.... peach smints... mmm... i'd forgotten about those!

and that mac parody. interesting...

btw, i'd heard that it's pretty butt darn cold in LA at the moment too. my sister said it hailed on her car the other day! yikes!

~me

Anonymous said...

Eunice, go buy some of those really cool plastic boots and tuck your pants in, at least while walking to and from school. I have been wanting a pair, myself.
If you can't find some, let me know your shoe size and I will look around here to see if I can find a pair and send them to you, they've been on sale since Christmas