When I first saw them, I was a little disturbed. Obviously, the "Christian" is portrayed as rigid and boring, and the "Christ-follower" is hip and cool. From the outside, I am very much like the "Christian" because I get dressed up on Sundays and I embrace "rules." However, I believe I am like the "Christ-follower" in my heart. I enjoy and cherish my personal walk with Him, feeling little need to explain it to anyone. I don't like the way the videos mock the "Christian" and aggrandize the "Christ-follower." I think we need a balance. An outward display of your faith is not wrong, but an only outward display is wrong. A personal faith with God is good, but a personal faith that puts down others and has no regard for the community is not so good.
Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.
2 comments:
I dunno, I was amused. :)
It's a parody; it's not a depiction of reality. The exaggerations just serve to illustrate a few key points like: appearances cannot be all of your faith & faith cannot be purely intellectual.
Oh yeah, that was Angela. I couldn't sign into my LJ.
Post a Comment