It is nearly 4:00AM, but I cannot sleep.
We got a phone call from Auntie Pauline earlier last night. Auntie Mei Lin had passed away.
My mom and I went out to pray with Auntie Pauline, Uncle Ralph and his family last night. Richard and Danette went as well. Because Auntie Mei Lin demonstrated no health problems, this is a huge shock for everyone. In fact, I'm still in shock, which is probably why I can't sleep.
Please pray for Auntie Mei Lin's family at this time. Please also pray for our church because she was a very key person among us. Our whole church family will be mourning when people find out what has happened.
(I'm sorry for rambling and being unfocused in this entry. I'm still in shock.)
3 comments:
*BIG HUGGGG for you!*
I'll be praying too. <3
Shocked and sad I am!! Mei-Lin was like a statue, an anchor for CEFC. She was always in the corridor of the sanctuary every Sunday morning greeting people, noticing who came and who did not, who was new that morning and who was a regular. How shameful we were not to notice or even tried to inquire why she was not there two Sundays in a row. I talked to her on 6/11 for almost a whole hour...about someone's funeral coming up, about the townhall meeting we had just the past Sunday, her
encouraging me to connect with a certain person who has been coming to church regularly the past few months, etc etc. I still can't over the fact that that was our last conversation. Oh, how I miss her and her presence everywhere I turned whenever I was at church. Thank you God that she is in your mighty arms!!
Sorry to hear this Eunice. We'll be praying for you all. ~Shari
Post a Comment